Just noticed my blog seemed a bit brazen and un-loved so I thought I would fill in a few blanks and stop it looking so scanty. Hmm so what's happened recently? Well I will re-phrase that, what has happened in my life that I can talk about in-front of prying eyes?
Well I was in hospital recently for the first time in my life ever a few weeks ago. The cause - "extreme tonsillitis". After staying at home in bed for a week unable to eat talk and in the end drink any fluids let alone swallow my own saliva ( I know eugh!), I threw in the towel and called the NHS. As things are with me, nothing is ever really straightforward, so of-course this had to all be on the weekend before a Bank Holiday when it so happens only poor sods that have no friends or want more money have to work. Anyhoo, yeah called up and after waiting for 2 hours past my allotted apointment time I finally got to see a doctor. He seemed to think I was in a bad way and needed urgent attention from a specialist....but then arranged an emergency appointment for me to go and see a specialist in a different city altogether?
2 hours later I arrive at the accident and emergency department of the hospital I had been referred to and managed to bleat out my purpose for being there using a combination of hand gestures, written notes and obscure sounds of pain and misery I was in by that point to the lady at the reception. She assumed I was choking to death and got me seen to immediately which made a nice change.
After that I was admitted immediately, given a tag and was an official inmate at the hospital. Life can be as miserable or as fun as you want it to be when you have no voice. It being the most interesting thing that had happened to me recently, I understandably chose to take thorough advantage of it and got maximum sympathy from the nurses for.
I still don't know why, but at my absolute moment of need my first instinct was to contact my ex-gf of 5 years whom I haven't spoken an awful lot with in recent times. Maybe it's because I know she genuinely gives a fuck about me? Or is it because I hope she does? hmm Anyway, the point is I called her to contact my family etc. Credit to her, she did that and more. Came to visit on a regs, bought me slippers, pyjamas and sweets so I didn't look too neglected etc... dare I say it was almost not so bad not being able to eat for a week....
Ok, I think I dozed off a lil' into la la land for a sec. I'm back home now, the hosp sent me home after a few days with enough pills to keep a good party going ;)
Stay tuned till the next blog folks!
No comments:
Post a Comment